Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime error 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JONBOY74

Technical User
Sep 11, 2001
US
Hi all

I have a apps that is currently used by 14 users. I have just tried to roll it out to a further 4 users but I'm getting a "Runtime error #6#, Overflow" messege on startup.

Has many one come across this error before?

Would it be something to so with the different build of the machines?, we are running W2k with office XP, but there have been different 3 different versions on this build.

I'm in deep trouble if I can't fix it!!!!

HELP

Jon

Okay, you didn't post the code, but I am guessing it's something to do with an Integer. Are you using Integer where a Long might be more suitable? .Row is supposed to be a Long, though I have been known to use an Integer.

Some ideas:

Post the offending code.
Post the line that errors out on you, if you have been present at the error, and the project wasn't locked.

Do a quickee search, see in any integers are being used to store a .Row value.

Are the offending workbooks really really really humongous?

This is Excel, right?? Give us all the gory details.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll have a dig around.

One thing though....why would it work on some PC's & not on others???

Cheers

Jon

At this point, I don't even know what the application is.

Details would be useful.

Usually, Overflow is when the variable should be a Long. An Integer will usually work, but if you are passing around handles, pointers, etc. then it all depends what else is on the machine.

excel has a FetchedRowOverflow property, maybe that could help if you dealing with queries, and this just happend to your app, tell us how it turned out

All

Thanks for all your help on this. I have now solved my problem. The answer is a bit weird.

I had to replace an .OCX file called MScal.ocx on the users PC with the same file on my PC.

I have seem this before with the dao60.dll

Thanks again

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back