Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

runtime error 2147024769

Status
Not open for further replies.

clientuser

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
US
I recently went back in to work on an application that uses an access db for a backend and when I went to run the app, it got error:

Runtime error -2147024769

automation error, the specified procedure could not be found.

and its on:

Set oconn = New ADODB.Connection

I dont recall making any changes to my system recently except for an update to an installshield program, which I hope didnt overwright some of my existing settings.

How can I correct this?

yes i have microsoft activeX data objects 2.5 library referenced and was running fine a few days ago...

now it just gives me the error as in my original post..

Yep - Google gives several references, most of which seem to point to your MDAC version. If you're using ADo you can update to ADO 2.8

Also make sure you have at least SP5 for VB6. SP6 is also now available from MS

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

I ended up having to call MS and they took me through fixing this issue. Seemed that I had a corrupted install of MDAC 2.8 and had to reinstall it..

It wasnt that easy though.. The MS rep had to take me through changing some of the reg keys and some other things that I cannot remember and then doing a reinstall of 2.8.

Afterwards it works, he told me that basically the changes were to make the system think that it has 2.7 and not 2.8..

Anyway it works now... I would have never figured out all of this on my own...

bah....

I just started getting the same error. Also would do simple select statements anymore in SQL Enterprise Manager (V7). I tried the MDAC route but had no luck fixing it.

I was using XP SP1 and loaded SP2 which corrected the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back