Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime Error 0 - Any information out there??

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer661

Programmer
May 11, 2001
US
Program works fine. When we compile & install it on some machines, it will go along and we will get Runtime Error '0' followed by Runtime Error '440'. I believe the '0' causes the '440'. Of course, there is absoultely no information out there on error 0.

This does not happen on all machines. Just some. Nothing seems to effect it: Size, Speed, Operating system. We have tried to install this program on a variety of machines. Same issues.

Does anyone have any information on Runtime Error 0? Maybe if we knew the error message, we could find the problem.

I've encountered a Runtime error 0 that was caused when trying to dial with a 3rd party control. In my case the computer with the error had an incorrect TAPI version. Not sure if that helps at all, but thought I'd mention it.

Catrina

We're also encountered that error when our application receive input from barcode scanner, but till now we still can't track what cozing it. We thought that it may have some related issue with 3rd party control or memory, since this only happen on PC with RAM less than 128 MB.

Catrina: what is "TAPI" version?

TAPI = Windows Telephony API. A 3rd Party communication control uses it when dialing out through the modem. The control had an updateTAPI.exe included in the package, that I ran, and the problem was fixed.

Catrina

This is definitely a windows setting of some sort. We are getting it narrowed down. We use a data grid not part of VB in this application. We are 90% confident this is causing the problem. Still no fix. It is from VB accellerator and it is called S-Grid.

Don't let memory size fool you. That's what we thought it was at first. There is a system file not getting updated somewhere which is why this problem is specific to certain machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back