Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime does not export PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJSQA

Technical User
Nov 15, 2001
US
We use the ocx control for running reports on client machines. We have enabled the export button and all of the exports work fine except the pdf one. I have the following files installed and the appropriate ones registerd:
CRXF_PDF.DLL
CRX_RTF.DLL
CRTSLV.DLL
EXPORTMODELLER.DLL
ATL.DLL

Even the rtf export works fine. The pdf one allows me to choose the page range and then I click OK and nothing happens. It works fine on the development machine but not the client machines. Each of the dll files are the same version and properly registered and are Win2000.

Hi
I'm trying to export or save a crystal report with data using VB6 through code eliminating any human intervansion. What do I need to be able to reference the DiskFileDestinationoptions object? Is it possible to export the report by specifying the Format and the path through code without manually selecting the format and the path from the Export window.

I have read that article. It says that pdf export is not supported in the ocx until version 8.5. I am on version 8.5 so not an issue.
Also, the export works on the dev machine which, as far as I can tell, has all of the same files that are needed. Obviously not the case.

MJSQA,

I had a similar issue not long ago. We finally fixed it by manually unregister and re-register the CRXF_PDF.DLL on the client machine. For some reason unless we did this it would not work. Don't know why but for some reason with the original install with the application it didn't take.

Can't say for sure if this will work for you but try it...

Craig in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back