Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime distribution works on some PCs but not others

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricwat

Programmer
May 30, 1999
GB
I have an Access 97 MDE database that I have distributed with the runtime files using ODE. My application works on most computers with the exception of 4. I seem to be getting an error when I'm using one particular table in a CreateQueryDef recordset.

The funny thing is that the date (which is in a textbox on the switchboard form) shows #error on the 4 pcs that its not working on.

I know its not my application as it works on the other 30 PCs.

Any Ideas?

Basically, any number of things could be different between the machines that work and the machines that don't. Checking to see what version of the Microsoft Data Access Components is on the machines would be my first choice. Terry M. Hoey
th3856@txmail.sbc.com
While I don't mind e-mail messages, please post all questions in these forums for the benefit of all members.

I thought that was the answer and have installed MDAC v2.5, It didn't do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back