Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Runtime 2000 error???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroanarchy

Technical User
Jun 11, 2001
AU
do not know if anyone else is running under Runtime 2000 or even if they have come across the following error but any help will be great. I am getting the following error on changing a combo box value in Runtime2000

Execustion of this application has stopped due to a runtime error.
The application carn't continue and will be shut down.

OK

Anyone got any ideas.

Zero Anarchy

Consider this:
Access Runtime does not capture the most of errors.
For example if you set the source of the combo to a date-type-field and you select from the values of the combo a line wich is not a date the "full access" captures the error and tells you that you have made a mistake in data-type, but sometimes the "access runtime" does not capture this error and, as it does not know how to manage the error closes itself.
i suggest you to test what "full access" tells you when you make the same selection that crashes the runtime, if "full access" gives you an error then try to manage that type of error in the "before update" event of that combo.

diblasid thanks for your reply, the most interesting thinks about this error was that whilst checking for errors in developer it was producing no errors.

Bit of a run down the combo box houses some VB code, specific using the GOTO command and also the END command

What I found after numerous error test was that the error was specific to Runtime and I was unable to get any errors to come up in Developer.

Conclusion: I changed the End command to Exit Sub and found that there were no more problems, Looks like Runtime 2000 has a problem handerling End.

Hope this helps you as much as it has me.

Zero Anarchy ;-)
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back