Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running Windows 98 SE and have two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brode

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2002
US
I'm running Windows 98 SE and have two copies of Eudora 6.0. All I want to do is uninstall one of them because it's no longer necessary.

The problem, though, is that when I go to add/remove programs in Windows 98 Control Panel I see two Eurdoras ("Eudora" and "Eudora E-Mail") but have no way of knowing which program is which version. I've gone to various Eudora help areas but haven't found a way it be uninstalled other than via Add/Remove. Is there a way of checking the path of a program in Add/Remove to make sure of which version it is? Or of seeing what the install date was before pushing okay?

Thanks,

Brody

Brode:

Start>run>regedit

Expand the plus sign beside the following in the left hand pane.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software
Microsoft
Windows
Current Version
Uninstall

The two entries should be in the left hand pane. Click on either one and in the right hand pane will be the path to the uninstall. The 'display name' is what is used in the Add/Remove window. Using this info you can determine which is the correct one.

That did it, and it's a great lesson to have learned for the future as well.

Many thanks,

Brody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back