Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running VRRP on Passports

Status
Not open for further replies.

riot6

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2002
US
We have 2 passports configured for vrrp. On the "backup" passport, the log pretty much scolls with
"Vrrp State Transition Traps" but it remains the backup the entire time. Anyone else out there seeing this on their Passports?

Which passport is this? 8600 - if so what is the code version. Have you changed any of the timers on VRRP?

Yes 8600, code version is 3.1.2.0. No, have not changed any timers at this point.

Your not alone, we get the messages too on 3.1.6.1. so don't bother upgrading to this.

Is vrrp set up on brouter ports or vlan?
I have had problems with vlan vrrp if rip is configured for triggered updates

We recently had this problem and discoverd that is was a bad Switch Fabric. Had to replace the blade.

Running 3 VRRP's on the 3.3 code. Do not see that error message in any of our logs. 3.1.X may nut surpress the code. May have to go to a higher code in order to surpress the message. Wouldn't be the first time for Nortel to do that.

My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my knowledge.
Scott
stomlin@baptistfirst.org

We have 2 passports with 3 vrrp instances on the 3.2.0.3 code. It is not logging this message. But on another 2 passports with 20 vrrp instances it is generating this message.
Nortel has no idea about the problem. If someone already solved this problem, help me.

Nocera.

Well we are also seeing this errors. Four 8600's running 3.2 code.

Nortel does know this issue since they have recommended to us to upgrade code to atleast 3.3

Planning to upgrade to 3.4 soon

Cog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back