Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running VB.NET Program in Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Fulton

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2017
US
I am trying to create a vb.net program that runs in the background (scheduler) It works great in visual studio when I run it however when I schedule it, it just runs and runs and runs..
I have to abort it.. I am new to vb.net and any help would be appreciated.

Jim

It works great in visual studio when I run it " - so how do YOU stop by when you run it?

Have fun.

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

I works when I run it live however I want to run it using windows scheduler at night un-attended and that is where the problem happens.. it does not work.

Jim

When you run it 'live', what does your program do? How does it look like on the screen?
Do you see any Form(s)? Do you need to click anywhere?

Have fun.

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

See the thread "Email Screen Image From a Sheduled Task" just below yours. From my (our) investigation I think when you run your program you cannot do anything that displays forms or messages on the screen, and anything else that requires user intervention (even error messages). It does not matter if you specify run if not logged in. I also found that the Task Manager has some permission issues that you must follow. Hope this helps and you find a way to make this work because I would like to use it!

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back