Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Two Price Changes In Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nwell

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2013
US
Hello,

I have a client who wants to start using DoorDash and wants to bump up the prices on all items by $1. I've set up a DoorDash job code, order mode, revenue center, and price change. The job code's default revenue center is DoorDash and the price change is activated to the DoorDash revenue center, but when I go to do a test order with the DoorDash job code, I'm getting the regular pricing instead of the inflated pricing.

If I remove the regular price change so that only the DoorDash one is affecting the items, then it works, but dine in orders are then getting the wrong price. I've confirmed through the GNDREV dbf and DBFNavigator that the test checks are going to the correct revenue center, so why isn't it setting the price change assigned to the revenue center? I really don't want to make an entire new set of submenus with button pricing.

Does anyone happen to have any insight into how I can get this set up properly?

In case anyone else is looking for an answer to this, the answer is using ATO to force open checks in a specific revenue center off the bat. Doing it through Aloha itself seems to open all checks as Dine In, which defaults to the dine in pricing. You can change the revenue center with the order modes, but the prices are already set. Those will not change.

A workaround I found without using ATO is to create a set of tables assigned to the DoorDash revenue center and then specifically train to use those for DoorDash orders.

your better off setting a surcharge to the order mode type.

Hello m0nwell,

Our business also implemented a different price set for third party delivery companies and we added the alternate revenue center to the new order mode to pull the correct prices. Also have you made sure to activate the price change using the Event and Activation schedules in Aloha Configuration Center? That will allow your price change to point to the correct revenue center.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back