Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2004
US
I am creating a report of the count of authorization dates for the last two years by month and a running total for the year. I am using 8.5 and an access database.

My report so far looks like the following:

gh1 2003
gh2 Month YTD
Jan 15 1
Feb 12 16
Mar 10 28
Apr 11 38

When it should look like this:
Month YTD
Jan 15 15
Feb 12 27
Mar 10 37
Apr 11 48

As you can see my problem is that it is starting with a 1 in the running total and then it is first adding the total at the second month. why?

I am grouping on the year and then the month. I am resetting at the year. That is all working.

Any suggestions or additional info needed.

Thanks in adavance!

Move your Summaries to the Group Footer GF2. The Running Total counts the record for each line as it is presented in the report. If the Running total is in the Head then it has not had an opportunity to count all the lines in each group.

sdebo2,
Thanks. But It is also adding 1 at the beginning. How can I initialize it to zero at the beginning?
Kathy

Never Mind. When I took your advice and moved all of it to the footers it came out right.

Thanks,

So Much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back