Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running total

Status
Not open for further replies.

megias

Technical User
Jul 4, 2001
ES
I need to summarize a formula but only the values that I see on the report. Now it summarizes all the values.

thanks you for your time

First of all, you should post this in the Formulas forum. Secondly, please post your actual formula so that we have a point of reference.

If I understand you correctly you need to create a shared variable and then only update it at the same time as it appears on the report. It sounds like you have some conditional suppression in the report and you need to mimick the conditions of this in the variable update.

You are right.
I need to sumarize the values that appear on the report because It has a lot of conditions.
How can do it?
How can create a shared variable?

Thanks your very much

Megias

Get rid of all conditional suppression in your report and use similar logic in the record or group selection formulas. This will have the effect of not selecting those records you are now suppressing, and your sub and grand totals will work fine.

You can do this with variables but it is WAY too much work.

Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.
I can't get rid of the conditional suppression because I will see a lot of records that I must not see.

Any idea?

thanks a lot.

John-

If you click on report, edit selection formula and enter the formula, left({Customer},1)<>&quot;D&quot; and your report will not contain any customers that begin with the letter &quot;D&quot;, nor will their values evaluate in any sub or grand totaling.

This is the way to exclude records (and their values) from a report, NOT conditional supression. Group selection formulas work similar to this.

If you do have a valid reason to include customers begining with &quot;D&quot; in your report, but you don't want the values to evaluate in sub and grand totals, create a formula like:

If Left({Customer}),1) = &quot;D&quot; then 0 else {Valuefield)

Then summarize the formula field as needed.

Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back