Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running total suppression 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

knerve1

Programmer
Mar 28, 2005
US
Anyone,

I think this is simple but I cannot figure it out. I have a running total that I only want the last record to display. How can suppress an unknown amount of records before the last record is displayed?

Any help is appreciated.

Knerve1,

Right click the running total field and go to Format Field, Common Tab / Surpress. Click X-2 and insert formula:

not onlastrecord

Thanks campsys, this did work for my absolute last record. I have my running total resetting at the group level (failed to mention that earlier) so how can I use this not onlastrecord function when grouping?

For example, I have a count of employees grouped by region, I only want to see the last value of the running total for region A. The count then resets and now I want to see the last value for region B.

North Region:

employee (in my running total I see) 1
employee 2
employee 3

Then a new group begins. I only want to see "3".

Again, thanks for any help.

knerve1,

You could move the running total field down to the region group footer. You would then only see the subtotal count for each region.

Would this be OK, or does it have to be in the detail section?

Of course you would need to remove the surpression formula if you move the running total to the region group footer.

Use the following for your suppression formula on the detail section:

{#runningtotal} <> count({table.employee},{table.region})

-LB

Thanks you guys soooo much! I got it to work. I put a cross tab in the group header that totalled the "employee" count by region- suppressed fields as needed. It displayed a line item total of the count of employees. Then I did a standard running total in the group footer ( moved everything to group footer thanks to Campsys, dont know why I did not do that in the first place, but maybe I did and got frustrated.) Anyway, I just compared counts of the two fields and when they were equal I did not suppress ( got that idea from Lbass).

So thanks again! Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back