Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running total final result displayed in page header

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmm76

Technical User
May 15, 2008
US
Hi,
I have created a report that is tracking number of calls recieved based on a customer id and the type of call. I have a running total that is working to show the amount of calls. I wanted to be able to bring the last value in the running total to my page header so when the user opened the report they would be able to see the total without having to look at the last page. Any suggestions on how I could do this?
Thanks,
Megan

Have you tried creating a summary that shows a sum of calls and put it in the grand total section, then move that summary object from the grand total section to the page header section? Or is it a deeper issue?

Running totals can't be used in page headers or report headers, they are calculated at the same time as the details print.

As slicknick515 says, you could do it with a summary total, which will have accumulated its value before anything prints. (The use of Crystal's automated totals is outlined at FAQ767-6524.)

If your total is conditional, you can get the same result by doing a summary total of a formula field, e.g.
Code:
if {your.code} = "A" then 1 else 0
As a last resort, you could use a subreport. This will slow the report but will get the result.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

How is your running total set up? Are you sure you need to use one? If it is a simple count, try a formula like:

distinctcount({table.callID})

...and place this in the report header (which I think you mean). It would work in a page header, too.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back