Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Sum in Subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

allong

Technical User
May 2, 2003
US
I would like to get a running sum in my subreport in the main report. If I view the subreport alone the running sum totals are there. When I view the main report, I do not get the running sum. What is it I am doing wrong? Can anyone help me with this problem?

Is this RunningSum control in the page footer of the subreport?? If so, try moving it to the report footer.
Access doesn't print the page header and footer in a subreport.

CosmoKramer I have tried it in the report footer and I get a 0. When I open the subreport by itself it works fine. It is not working when I open the main report. Right now I have the running sum in the group footer.

You said the running sum is in the group footer. What appears in that control when you run the main report??

0, null, #Error, etc....

CosmoKramer when I run the main report I get the same number that is in my employee total control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back