Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running SK98 on Vista OS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techevents

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2007
US
Has anyone tried to run SK98 on Microsoft Vista yet?? What are the results??

I installed it on Vista Home Premium edition and the only thing that I have noticed is on the Event field, when I begin to type, I get "4sHw" with the first letter typed. After that appears, I can continue to type what I want. I may attempt to use the Program Compatibility Assistant to reinstall it. I used this with a program that was written under Windows 95 and it seemed to work fine.

Thanks for that update and info. Please let me know if using the Compatability Assistant cures the leading hash character problem. I seem to remember that same think occuring ages ago with a Sidekick (Yourway) version -- I'll think about it, look through my notes, there was some simple fix.

I think that if you double click on the event cell so that it pops up the window and then start typing, instead of typing directly into the cell, it works - I have run into that too. Extra step but no leading hash....

Thx for your response.

A little more information -- check out this thread here in Tek Tips thread807-566429. There is some info there about fixing the video drivers, .dll files and some other ideas about the leading hash characters probs in SK98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back