Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running reports in CE10 to an Excel format

Status
Not open for further replies.

NipperP

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a problem. We have some reports within CE10 which we require to run into an excel format. So we schedule the reports with a format of Excel. Once they have run successfully when users try to view the report their CE locks up and looking on the task manager(on their machine) the CPU usage sits at 100% and do not move. I have tried changing the setting within My Computer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types to remove the tick for XLS files for browse in same window however this has not cured the problem.

Any advice would be very useful.

Thanks

Nipper

Strange... Does this happen with all Excel exports, and did it always? Does it work from within Crystal Reports itself?

I'd try restarting the server first, if that fails try applying the service pack:

What happens with other export types?

Since the process completes, I would think that there's something with a service not working correctly, but there are many possibilities.

-k

I have tried other reports and they seem fine, I then tried saving then same report into CE again but this still does the same. We have recently installed CE service pack 4 before we installed this they worked fine. Could this be a result of the service pack??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back