Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Reports from forms using access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie78

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
GB
Hi Everyone

I'm building a form structure from which reports will be run. Currently I have a combo box from which the user selects a report they want this will either run (using a conditional macro) it or give them another form from which parameters are then selected, either by combo box or calendar objects. In doing this I found I couldn't reference the calendar objects unless I passed the value to another object i.e. a text box is this correct?

From your experience is it better to use a table with the reports listed and a key assigned to each to populate the combo boxes or to type out the value lists.

Kind Regards

Wills

How are ya Willie78 . . .

If after the parameters are chosen you next run the report, its a matter of leaving the form (with the parameters) open for referencing . . .
Code:
[blue]   Forms!FormName!CalendarObjectName.Value[/blue]
. . . or you could store the value in a global variable.

It all depends on how/where your using the value!

[blue]Your Thoughts?[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Cheers Ace Man

I'm good.

That works fine. I still counldn't see the calendar objects using the expression builder. This is why I assumed(wrongly) that it had to placed in another object.

Cheers again

Wills

Roger That Willie78 . . .
Willie78 said:
[blue]From your experience is it better to use a table with the reports listed and a key assigned to each to populate the combo boxes or to type out the value lists.[/blue]
You'll have to [blue]be more specific about how your using the combo[/blue]. To relieve yourself of typing, the following SQL (entered in the [blue]RowSource[/blue] of the combo) will return all reports:
Code:
[blue]SELECT Name
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE ([Type]=-32764)
ORDER BY Name;[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

That is awesome much appreciated Ace Man.

That will get so much use.

The combo box thing is all sorted now. I was undecided whether to build in some admin tables to store the report names and categories or to type in the values in the combo box control source.

Having had a word with myself I created the table's.

Thanks again

Wills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back