Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Reports from Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeDram

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
GB
Hope I can explain this properly......

I have a main form where I enter an order number, and this opens a sub-form filtered on this order number.

For each item on the order, I need to print a report specific to that Item, and want to do this via a 'print reports' command button. The complication is that the same item may appear on more than 1 line, but I only need to print the report once eg:

Item Desc Code Report
------------------------------------------------------------
A1234 Item1 A1 Rep1
A4321 Item4 A4 Rep4
A3214 Item3 A3 Rep3
A1234 Item1 A1 Rep1
A5432 Item5 A5 Rep5
A3214 Item3 A3 Rep3
A4433 Item2 No Rep Reqd

When I hit the print reports command button, I want to print of 1 copy of reports 1, 3, 4 and 5.

There is a separate report for each item - it isn't populated with any of the details from the form, it's just a standard piece of technical information (about the item) that is sent out with each order.

Is there a way to do this via code?

The form I'm trying to develop is to provide a quick way to have these reports printed off - within the database there around 70 of these standard reports, and an order could have any mix of them requiring to be sent....

sorry - should have said this is an Access97 database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back