Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running report master from command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpguy

MIS
Feb 21, 2004
US
Hi all,

Is there a way to run RM's report (report master) from command line ? I need to export some POs periodically and VI is too slow. Thanks in advance.

Francis.

Have you considered using an ODBC connection directly to PO1 and PO2?

ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

Actually I was using ODBC before until the PO2 gets too big (more than 50K records) and takes more than 5 hours to export. Then I tried VI export which is a little faster, but still too slow. And RM takes less than a minute ! My guess is the PO2 and SO2 are indexed only files (not keyed), so the ODBC driver is not very efficient in dealing with them.

Wow! 5 hours to export?

I am not extremely familiar with RM, but here is a command line I use for VI to import. It may apply.

M:
CD\
CD MAS90\HOME
M:\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE ..\launcher\sota.ini ..\soa\mas90 -ARG VIWI0V W O DIRECT DISPLAY DTC

This all being in a batch file I call.

Regarding ODBC, if You are using PO2 and SO2, maybe checking for receipt dates for sales order lines, consider if using access using a make table on PO2, then a seperate one on SO2, then base your query on the local copies of both of them. The make with no joins runs much quicker.

Hope that helps you,
ChaZ

I've tried the VI command line and it doesn't seem to work. So I think I will try export PO1 and PO2 separately and do something outside and link them up. Thanks for the advice.

I should have explained more.

M:\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE (Obviousley launches mas)

..\launcher\sota.ini ..\soa\mas90 -ARG VIWI0V (VIWI0V is my VI Job. It may be simply finding your RM Job and replacing)

W O DIRECT DISPLAY DTC (These are options, DTC being the company code).

I do hope it helps a little, sorry I don't have more.

Good Luck,
ChaZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back