Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Recurring Report for Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmattiuz

Technical User
Aug 31, 2004
US
I am trying to run a recurring report in Seagate Info 7 for yesterday's date. In the report, I have the select expert on the date set to CurrentDate() - 1. While this works...the report takes a REALLY long time to run. Is there a better way to get the information I need??

Runtime is based on the numeber of rows, the database, the connectivity and efficiency of the database (indexes, etc.), etc..

How long would it take to extract the same data directly using SQL?

Check the Database->Show SQL Query to make sure that the SQL reflects the date criteria and all other criteria within the Report->Edit Selection Formula->Record.

And post what's in the record selection formula, not a pseudo version of it if you want meaningful help.

Quality technical assistance is dependent upon real technical information, not a text description.

-k

Never mind - I figured it out. Although I had the criteria in the select expert, it never made it into the SQL query. I manually entered it into the SQL query and now it is running fine.

THANKS!!!

What's entered into the record selection can be passed to the database if you use best practices, I have a FAQ on doing this:

faq767-3825

Manually entering the info is a reasonable short term workaround, but you should be able to get it to work normally.

Again, this is dependent upon the database, etc., which you still haven't shared.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back