Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running paradox on NT 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

gues

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2005
AT
Help!!!!...does anyone know if paradox has compatiblity problems with Windows NT/2000, we recently made a switch from Novell (hosting paradox applications, and running smoothly) to Windows NT (speed degradation tremendously).
Thanks

Which version of Paradox? I'm running okay under NT, but I had to play with the shortcut settings for best performance.
-Dan

There is a compatability patch for running Paradox on Windows 2000. Put your email on your next posting and I will see if I can email it to you.

Angelique

COuld Angelique please send me the patch as well. We are looking to move to Windows 2000 and I could use it for testing. bx1423@voicenet.com

Thanks,

I would be very interested in this patch. Could you also email me at ohene@reggaeboyzsc.com and oheneb@hotmail.com.

greatly appreciated

I recently swithced from win98 to Windows 2000 Pro. I could not install my Paradox7 with Windows 2000pro. A Message turn out like this: Internal Error: -4 You need atleast 1144kb to copy the installation files to C:\Document\Administration\Temp.
Free some space or set the Temp envirnoment variable to another drive. "Unable to start installation"

So, I emptied the Temp file and/or set another Temp file to Drive D, but did not work.

can someone help?

Thanks.

Angelique
Could you please email your patch to me at ray7501@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance!

Hello
Is there someone who have the patch for Windows NT/2000 ?
Thanks for any help
Willy

My lab has run Paradox 8 on Win NT for over 2 years with no problems.

dl

Hello,
Angelique, can you send me, please , by e-mail the patch for Windows 2000 ?
My email adress is willy@unima.mg
greatly appreciated
Willy

please email your patch to me at dilu@visto.com

Angelique,

Please could you email me the Windows 2000 patch at CBDatabases@CS.Com.

Many thanks

Niyi

I can't find this patch on Corel Website ??? Where does this patch comes from.

Can somebody send me a copy of this patch at sjason@unicam.com

it seems to have a lot of problems on Corel paradox install... but i found nothing official about Windows2000

Does somebody have more informations on what's wrong with 2000 ?

Angelique
Could you please email your patch to me at rbooker@21stcentury.net
Thanks in advance!

Well Please could you e-mail me the patch . We have a massive application running on Paradox . We have used Paradox in every way shape or form for the past 5 years (win 95 paradox 7 , NT , Citrix you name it.) Now we are using Paradox 9 on Win 2000 over Citrix . There are some quirks that are new and would be interested too see if this patch will fix them . So Angelique , please can you send me a copy of this patch to f_de_wet@hotmail.com .

Thanks in advance

Angelique could you send me the patch at sjason@unicam.com

Many thanks

Angelique -
If you email me the patch, I can post it on my website. If you've been emailing everyone who requests the patch, I imagine your mail server is taking a beating.

Josh
joshasbury@fuse.net

Angelique could you please e-mail me the patch as well.

howellg@inac.gc.ca

Thank you for your time.

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back