Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running out of Voicemail Pro Ports - port congestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

perrywilliams

Technical User
Aug 13, 2009
US
I have an IP Office 406 4.2(14) with voicemail pro +8 ports for a total of 12 available voicemail ports.

This is on a PRI with 23 channels (22? 26? -whatever)

I get consistent msgs that I run out of voicemail ports.
The msg in system status is:
---------------------------------------------
The following resources are all in use:
Voicemail Channels
---------------------------------------------

We have a busy office, with up to 8 people answering the phones, and the system set to record all incoming calls.

The voicemail is seldom un use (actual voicemail) but the voicemail pro system answers every call with a quick "calls may be recorded" before sending to a hunt group.

I don't have any complaints from incoming callers, so everything seems fine, I assume the lack of ports is causing some calls to NOT be recorded..

I talked to a tech at TelephoneMagic.com, and he said that I shouldn't be getting this error with my use.

Any ideas?

-Perry

even more confused now....

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Kyle
SSU scares the living daylight out of me, just because it means you buy something as is and no means of any repairs without paying money for it.
Just like buying a car and they notice that the brakes stop working when you listen to the radio but to fix it you need to purchase a maintenance agreement with the manufacturer to ensure that the CEO of the company really gets the bonus he doesn't deserve.
But maybe I get the SSU just wrong.
I wouldn't miond getting all these resellers out of teh selling of the systems, but Avaya is selling to them over bigger resellers and as long as tehy get the money they don't really care.
Didn't we have that discussion before??? I go home now and play with the kids, guys have a good weekend.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

matt ill email you monday :)

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

seems the IPO is installed by man + dog these days.

Sorry but if someone doesnt know what a HG or HuntGroup is, they shouldnt be installing or maintaining the bloody things! Dont be tight and use a decent maintainer!!!!!

Guys,
If a lowly IT guy from the data side can pop in here, we purchased our IPO from a reseller here in TX, and not only have they provided STELLAR support, they've provided me with enough knowledege to do a lot of things on my own if possible, and they pointed me to this forum to ask questions from what I was told was "a bunch of guys who know what they're doing". There ARE bad resellers out there, just as there are used-car dealers willing to make a buck and run, but that doesn't rate a blanket slag of resellers in general...

My $.02 at the risk of getting booted from the forum...

"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays"
//scook

I don't think there has been a blanket slag of resellers. Just of the bad ones :).

Some people seem to see this place as an alternative to having a support contract and that's not on. But then once in a while you get a window into why people come here as opposed to going to their maintainer.

>>> I don't think there has been a blanket slag of resellers. Just of the bad ones

I retract my horns. Working for a company that refuses to see the value of support contracts (and they only let me keep this one becasue HQ is a Mitel shop and Avaya scares them silly) I unserstand the value of forums such as this, and value all the input, advice and tips I get here. Of coures, not everyone who's NOT cert'ed Avaya is a total idiot, either, we just needa little help sometimes! :)

"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays"
//scook

IP Office has the advantage of a decent GUI in the definity forum you will not find as many IT people or even people that can barely turn on their PC and want to be walked through big changes. IT is not the enemy seeing that our field of telephony is dying slowly (except for analog trunks)and going more into the IT world so we are merging and I don't mind helping someone that has base knowledge of the system but if someone comes and wants to know how to change a name then I will just step back and leave that one to someone else.
My old problem I just can't keep my mouth shut (according to the wife at least :) ) so I had to get into this too

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

sdavidcook, i certainly see your point and understand that sometimes people like yourself are put in tricky situations, and asked/expected to look after something with little to no training.

I think now, it's easy enough to tell from the first post whether someone has at least enough knowledge of the system to be able to take the help/advice and use it. Some people expect hand holding all the way, in some cases literally asking for step by step walkthroughs. In those cases it's not unreasonable to point them in the direction of a BP. The funniest thing is, some people get genuinely narked when you tell them to read the manuals. How the hell do they think we know the things we know :)

Because the rest of us have educated you Tom :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

:-0 You can't say that! however true it may be.

I still read the manuals though :)

How is the "IP Office for Dummies" book going anyway? :)

nutsacks.

you get the point.

something like that
images

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

>I still read the manuals though

I bet your lips move while reading though....

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

i trace my finger along the page too....

rtfm-bd.jpg
I like that one.... also my 5410 is broken (keeping it technical ;-))

is it on a module? did the module go through 3.2(999)? :)

Did you upgrade it when you went from 2.00 to 5.00 ?
Do you have a working tftp server running ?
Did you put in the cable that comes from the wall ?
Is it patched in to the ipo/module ?
Is it unpacked or still in the box ?

:)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back