Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running out of memory during compilation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oildad

Technical User
Apr 21, 2005
US
When compiling my QBasic program I get the message that I have run out of memory. Is there any way one can write a program in QBasic that requires more than 64K memory? I need to use an array of the size A&(56,44,8), plus a lot of other material, but the A& array blows me out of the compiler. Can I somehow increase the size of the program beyond the 64K limit that apparently the compiler is working with? Nowadays, with so much more computing power, it should be possible to work out larger programs than 64K.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Oildad

Sorry, first time user, and didn't know my question would end up in the wrong Forum.

At the top of this page, "Find a Forum" - in the other space type in "programming". You will find 118 programing forums, see if they have one for your application. If not, find one close and ask. They can help you more. Add to this post "Cancel this thread".

I had found the 314 Forum yesterday and posted my message there. Have already received important feedback from that. Once again, thank you all. All is now under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back