Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknogeek9

Programmer
Jan 6, 2001
US
I am running Access 97. I have a very large report that could exceed 1000 pages. When I execute the report, I get the first page and I am able to scroll through each subsequent page, one by one. However, when I click on the arrow that will take me to the last page, the formatting report bar on the bottom left shows activity but the last page never comes up. [ctrl]-break will take me out of the execution.

Can anyone help? The report is based on a query and a number of sub-reports...no code.

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge, it's just a time thing. You aren't giving Access enough time to actually figure out what is on the last page. Don't know of any way to speed it up, except possibly upgrading your Pc.

PaulF

Sounds like your report is taking very long to format itself so you have to wait a long time to actually view the output. Could be that you have a slow machine, little RAM, or extremely complex reports/subreports.

ntp

Actually, it seems to be an ODBC connectivity issue. I am wondering if there is a way to debug a report (as opposed to code).
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back