Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running multiple reports concurrently via command line using Add-In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have written an Add-In which many reports use to refresh and save as a particular file (Eg PDF or Excel).

All reports are launched via command line and each report has the same code to call the add-in:

Application.Documents.Item("BO_AddIn").ExecuteMacro ("DoTask")

If I run them one after another they work fine however if I try to run them together the first one runs fine but the second waits for the first to finish and so on.

My question is, does anyone know how I can run the reports simultaneously (IE Call the Add-In at the same time).

Many Thanks in advance
Tony

First let me know what code you have written. So, that we can suggest where you need to change.

I created a DLL from the original add-in and then used the DLL in a revised add-in.

It works :)

Thanks
Tony

Be interested to know if you find a solution to this, as i've never been able to run multiple bo reports at the same time... Get a system error and things just stop running....

Can you post the error message(s) you are getting and what platform/version you are running on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back