Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running legacy cobol programs from within c#

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyUK

Programmer
Dec 19, 2000
GB
I have cobol programs we use all the time, i am trying to wrap these into a web service. When i run the code using a Process method. All seems fine when i execute the code in a windwos app but when i use the same code in my c# webservice it hangs until the timeout period? Any idead how this can be handled or better ways to execute cobol from within c#?

thanks in advance

Andrew

If the cobol program has a GUI or interacts with the user then thre is the problem.
Try to use a Process object to run a .bat file in which you call the cobol program.
The cobol program should work.
-obislavu-

obislavu

Thanks for your response, the cobol program does not have any interface simply runs itself and closes. I check the permission for the aspnet user and the folders that are needto access. After a few tweaks I managed to get the program to work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back