Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running HELP in EXCEL under VB editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chifan

MIS
Feb 1, 2002
US
Here are the steps to replicate the error I am getting once in Excel 2000.

1.Click on Tools
2.Click on Macro
3.Click on Visual Basic Editor.
Once in the Visual Basic Editor...
4. Click on Help
5. Click on Visual Basic Help
6. Type in Password and click search.
7. Click on Password Property.
I get the following error msg.

Microsoft Excel can not display Help. An Error occured and this feature is no longer functioning properly and would you like to repair this feature now?

If I click yes, it run through the repair from the Office CD and re-boots but when I go through the same steps, it still does not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Maybe someone else has seen this problem. Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi,
I couldn't reproduce your error, but I know that "repair" doesn't function very often. Reinstall with the upgrades/patches needed should do the job.

----------------------------------------

Everybody has the right to be stupid -- but some people abuse the privilege. (a quote from Stalin - and I am one of the abusers, sometimes...)

I have already tried that with several machines and I still get the same error. I've re-installed it and updated to SP3. No go.

seems that u have a program or installation that disturbs the correct execution of the program. Sorry, I suppose I can't help u.

----------------------------------------

Everybody has the right to be stupid -- but some people abuse the privilege. (a quote from Stalin - and I am one of the abusers, sometimes...)

Did you specifically install the VBA help files?

I know it wasn't in the module list where I assumed it was so I missed installing it.

You need to install the VB Help files which are located under Office Shared Features in the VBA folder, not inside the Microsoft Excel for Windows folder.

Yes, its already installed. Still doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back