Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running DB2 Jobs in BMP mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojgovindan

Programmer
Dec 26, 2002
US
Hi,

I get an abend S04E with reason code 00D44011 when I try to run my DB2 database load job as a BMP. We run this as BMP to help in checkpointing the I/P, O/P files.

The description for this abend goes like this

" Be sure the DDITV02 SYSIN data (for DB2-DL/I batch support) or IMSBATCH
procedure (for an IMS BMP job step) names a
subsystem member (SSM) parameter that points to a resource translation
table (RTT).". But my plan contains the RTT entry.

Please let me know if you have any info. on this.

Thanks,
Manoj.

One of the reasons to get an S04E is that an internal numeric DB2 field has not the right value when doing a select, update or delete in where, set or values clause.

An other reason can be that a db2 utility is abended. You need to give the following commands:
-start database(dxxxx) spacenam (sxxxx) access(force)
-term util(xxxx) xxxx=db2-userid

An other reason is a wrong steplib. Delete the wrong dataset.

An other reason: with loading a table, there are to many extends. The tablespace is to low.

An other reason: you ran the job with DL1 instead of BMP.

I hope one of those solves your problem.

Regards,

Crox

Manoj,
Check the value of the parameter in the DDITV02 ddname. I think that there are a number of different programs etc. in this and you should check that that you are coding as the SSM parameter is actually in the SSM parameter position
Marc

The problem was because of one of the reasons suggested by Crox. I ran the job with DL1 instead of BMP. When corrected it ran fine.

Thanks Crox, Mark.

-Manoj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back