Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running CS2 version on XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilebalar

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hi, All.

I am running the Illustrator CS2 version on a XP with 1GB of RAM.

1) Every time I open Illustrator, it gives me the following error 'the operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory'. Click the OK box and the program will continue to load and eventually open.

2)Also when I try to SAVE FOR WEB, it says 'Could not complete this operation. An unknown error had occured' Ok...great... unknown error...

3)When i do export to a BMP format (and some other ones too), I get 'Could not write to the file because there is not enough memory available'.

I closed all my other applications with on the virus scan running in the background. I also increased virtual memory, but still no luck. Also tried reinstalling but the problem is only with illustrator. Photoshop has no problem at all. I did run the update and the program is up-to-date.

What can it be?

Thanks in advance.

Try deleting the AIPrefs file. This fixes a lot of bugs - although Adobe should really fix the file itself ;)

thanks! good to know that it's a known bug. your tip works!
thanks again!

(WinXP) C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings. Note that these are hidden folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back