Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Crystal Reports Server 2008 on a VPS Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedownsjr

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2003
US
Can anyone provide any specifications to help know what minimum VPS (Virtual Private Server) requirements would be needed to run Crystal Reports Server 2008? (processor speed, RAM, etc.)

If anyone has any experience or has tested running CRServer2008 on a VPS server (so shared, non-dedicated server on a hosting company's plan), I am interested in what the minimum requirements are just to get the software to install and run (assuming SQL Server and IIS are both installed on the VPS server). I have known BOE XI R2 to run on an XP laptop with 1 Gb of RAM and 1.7 MHz single processor rather well for non-production purposes. For now this would just be a test/dev non-production system for evaluation purposes, so not interested in running more than 1 or 2 reports at a time and also not looking for more than 1 or 2 users logged in at a time, so very minimal use.

The intent of this is more or less just sizing and discovering requirements to see if CR Server 2008 would run on a VPS server for those who do not have their own on-premises server infrastructure.

Thanks for any information you can share!

I am not sure what the 'minimum' configuration is but I can tell you what we've set up:

Windows 2000 Server, 2 CPU’s, 2GB RAM, 30GB DISK

We have somewhere around 150-200 reports posted, most of which run via automation - (about 70k processed since March).

There are probably around 15-20 users that also access ad hoc reports via InfoView on a daily basis as well.

About the only thing we may need to do is increase the disk space after some time.

Hope this helps!

Honorbum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back