Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running code/module/function from Crystal Reports in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbfell

Programmer
Dec 11, 2001
US
Is there a way for Crystal to call a function or run some VBA code in Access?

I have a dynamic query that i need to make each and every time a report is ran, i could probably make a function to make the query in Access, but how to call it?

Can you explain what your dynamic query is doing. Are you dynamically building fields in your select statement, changing you Where clause, etc.

building fields in the select statement. it needs to be able to select from column a and b one time, and another time select from column c or d.

In access you could built a query with parameter and build your select column so they are something like:

Field1: IIf([Parameter]=1,Table!FieldA,Table!FieldA)

Where [Parameter] is the query parameter.

You will have to connect via OBDC to see the parameter queries. Using this sample if you set Parameter=1 Field1 will be equal to FieldA; if other than 1 than Field1 will be equal FieldB.

The fields that you are selecting for a column should be the same size and type. You can also use the Access built in function Choose to allow to select more than two fields. I have try in the past to use VBA function I built to do a more complex selection but Crystal had problems. The query worked okay in Access but Crystal get complaining about the query not having any fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back