Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Citrix Metaframe 1.8 with Oracle 8.05 application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erick

Technical User
Mar 27, 2001
NL
I'm running Metaframe 1.8 with a published application on my server (Windows NT Terminal Server 4.0.). My published application is running against an Oracle 8.05 database.

When I run the application without using the "published application" portion of Metaframe, everything functions normally. When I try and run it by going through an ICA connection with a published application, it appears to open the application fine. As soon as I try and do anything with the application, I get the error ORA-01821: date format not recognized. I'm not sure if it is looking at local ports on the client pc or what but the application run fine when run outside of a "published application".

I've been fighting with this for a while so please throw any info at me that you can. Thanks [sig][/sig]

When you say outside of a published app do you mean that the app runs on the local Pc or that the app runs on a desktop session of the TSE?
Pritch. [sig][/sig]

The app runs on the desktop of the TSE. But I figured it out any way. For some reason I had to set the published app to run explicitly instead of using anonymous. Thanks for your response though. [sig]<a href=mailto:erick@cmoremedical.com>erick@cmoremedical.com</a><br><a href=[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back