Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running CF site from a CD 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hc1619

Programmer
Feb 17, 2004
NZ
I have a situation whereby I need to put my Coldfusion site (with database) on a CD. The whole site needs to run standalone from the CD. The site has queries to the DB and everything.

I found a way to get solve the CF server problem.. but couldnt query the DB as the datasource needed to be setup on the users computer.

Are there any solutions anyone can think of? It needs to be completely standalone.. ie, the user puts the CD in and the site works.. no altering things on their computer.

nope :)

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

This might help you out...

Seems kinda cool. I don't know anyone using it at the moment but I've got some good ideas on how I'd like to use CFML on a CD.

New with version 1.4.0, Coral can run directly from a CD, WITHOUT user intervention. Just burn your Coral CFML application onto a CD, pop it into a CD drive, and away you go! Your CFML application will launch as soon as the CD is inserted. Think of the possibilities of this new functionality! Use it to create interactive training materials, demos, presentations, applications, the possibilities are exciting!

that seems neat, star for you.

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Right on! Thanks hc1619... You'll still have to buy a Developer licence after 30 days but I think it's like $250 US or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back