Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Avaya Site Administration as a service? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEM_9449

MIS
Mar 23, 2020
US
Hello,
I'd like to schedule some tasks in Avaya Site Administrator but whenever I log off or shut down ASA, the tasks don't run.

I assume this is because ASA is not running as as service (Windows Server 2012 R2)?

Has anyone had success with running ASA in the background? I cannot remain logged into ASA constantly so that the tasks I've created will run.

Thanks for any pointers.

Joe

I use a VM for that type of stuff. SO it stay running all the time.

Never got that to work. I've given up on running ASA on a server as the server reboots and the user is logged out and ASA stops working. There are several threads on the internet about scripting with Avaya.

Here are a few examples

I've been trying to do the same thing recently. Gave up on RDP and VMs - a GPO kills all inactive RDP sessions, so I couldn't get round that. You could try creating a scheduled Windows task to start ASA, then schedule your reports in ASA to run just after that. I didn't get that to work, but it felt like I might be on the right path. In the end I chose a physical server that I have access to, installed ASA on it, configured ASA with cached credentials and scheduled the reports. They're all there every morning now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back