Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running Aloha Refresh from Command Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

smamark

MIS
Apr 23, 2010
MX
Does anyone know how to run the Aloha Refresh Data process from the command line? Is it possible?

Thanks...

The Aloha 'refresh' software flag will only work in a supersite environment.

It may be possible to manually copy files to data from newdata if a stop file is copied to the tmp\directory but im not sure if it will update the terminals with the new data, worth a try I guess.

Here is a good place to start. Try testing this. I have used this on a small scale.

CD\

@ECHO OFF

@CLS

ECHO ***REFRESHING THE ALOHA POS***
ECHO ***DO NOT CLOSE WINDOW***

CD BOOTDRV\ALOHA\TMP

ECHO>STOP

NET SESSION /DELETE /YES

START /b /MIN /WAIT %IBERDIR%\BIN\DBUP3.EXE /DBFONLY /DEBUG /DBFINPUT %IBERDIR%\NEWDATA /DBFOUTPUT %IBERDIR%\DATA

DEL C:\BOOTDRV\ALOHA\TMP\STOP.*

EXIT

99GuinnessLover -- Is there an advantage to using DBUP3.exe instead of just coping the DBF files?

mmantion...great question! I was actually thinking the same thing. What is the advantage?

It is probably not necessary. I was using it because it seemed a cleaner way to do it. It also gave me a forced pause to allow the terminals to all realize that there was a stop file present.

I cannot remember for sure but I think doing it this way updated all of the files in Data including aloha.ini and all .cfg files versus only updating the .dbf's.

Thanks for the help. I've written a process (4 batch files) that allow me to quickly/easily backup the current data, copy out updated files (pro.dbf, itm.dbf, cat/cit.dbf, etc.) to newdata, delete indexes, and then run a refresh. It makes it extremely easy to distribute menu updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back