Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a report by selecting a date range from a calendar control

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarena

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2005
US
I have a report that is generated from a query. I have a for with a calendar control to select a date range but I can not put the two together so that when you click the button to run the report it opens the calendar form first so that you can select the date range that the report should be ran. I am using Access 97. Any help???
Thanks

Open the calendar form first and add a button to "continue" which then opens the report.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Is there any other way to select the bigging and ending dates using a calendar for a report parameter?

There is a method that uses the On Open event of the report to open a form in dialog view and then displaying the report. I don't care for the solution and always just use an open form to set criteria and then open the report.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

Hi,

I have a supreport that acts strangely and I cannot figure out what the problem is. The subreport is connected to the main report by an Employee ID and the Year. The subreport has controls that are calculated using running sum.

The main report displays numbers per month. For July 2007 for example, the subreport shows the running sums up to July 2007. For June 2007, the whole subreport does not show up. For May 2007, only the header of the subreport shows up. For April 2007, again, the subreport displays the running sum up until July 2007, up until data is in the system, which is fine.

What is going on? Any ideas?

Why do you state "For July 2007"? Are you using some type of filter in the main or subreport?

Are there always matching records in the subreport?

By "connected", do you mean you have set the Link Master/Child properties?

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back