Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a query upon the click of a button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geodon7

Technical User
Jun 24, 2002
US
I need to run a query upon the click of a button that will check to see if the Project Name entered in the form already exists. If it does, then I need a message to come up saying it already exists. If it doesn't, then no message is needed. I'm not sure how to do this (or set it up), but I would think that I would need to run a query against the Project Names and if it's returned empty then nothing is done, but if a record is returned, a message should come up. Any suggestions? Thanks all.

G

Geodon:

I would suggest using the DLookup function. Access help provides a good explanation (at least in A97).

Your difficulty will be in making a match based on how the user enters the information. A single character difference between the way the new name is spelt and an existing name is in the db will result in no matches. Larry De Laruelle
ldelaruelle@familychildrenscenter.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back