Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a Program As a Diffrent User

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankins1984

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
GB
I know that on a shortcut you have the option to select to "Run as other User" but this brings up a box asking you to enter the users details everyt time you run the shortcut. I was woundering if anyone knows if there is away that you can run the shortcut as another user automaticaly,so that you are never asked to enter the user details.

Thanx Matthew Hankins

Network Technicain @ DGI Hereford

May be a registry hack for this - but as its usually an adminstrator user you'd be running as, would compromise security if you could store user id/password in and ordinary user's workspace.

Do you know where abouts in the registry the shortcut keys are? Matthew Hankins

Anyone got any other idears? Matthew Hankins

Well i have got no where so far, so i could do with some help please Matthew Hankins

Matthew,

The RunAs command is an Interactive Utility only. It will not accept Piping or Echoing of the password. There are several utilities that can not only accept the password but also encrypt it as well. Here are a few links.

-Tech Lingo

NetExec

TqcRunAS

RunAs Professional

Thanks for all them programs, but does anyone know of any that dont have to be installed on the client or can easy b installed form a batch script silently.

Cherrs Matthew Hankins

Anyone Matthew Hankins

Tech Lingo

Two of them program do almost what i want.I need a program thats free and one that doesnt need to be installed on the client Matthew Hankins

Anyone,please someone must know Matthew Hankins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back