Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a NT 4.0 domain script on a W2K pro workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy81

MIS
Oct 24, 2001
SG
My company runs a mixure of NT domain for finance application and Novell for F&P. Each Win98 workstation is set to login to both systems. Login to Network is via a Netware32 client while NT domain login is set as secondary login. Each user's NT domain account is is also set to run a batch file which maps to specific directories.

Recently , i upgraded my workstation to W2K . I install the Netware32 client for W2K so running Novell scripts are no problem but now my workstation don't run the NT Domain scripts anymore. I can manually map the drives after login but it's doesn't run the batch file to automatically map the paths. I can't find anywhere in the W2K to assign which domain to login in to.
Is there anyway to solve this ?

Before you logon to a domain in Win2K you must ADD the system to the domain. First log on AS ADMINISTARTOR. Then You right click on the MY COMPUTER and go to PROPERTIES. Next go to NETWORK IDENTIFICATION and then to PROPERTIES. At the bottom is a place called MEMBER OF. Selec DOAMIN and type the domain name there. You MUST be a member of the domain admin group to do that. Once the System is added reboot and logon as a user. All scripts should now run>

Let us know if you need help. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back