Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running a Crystal Report at a pre-set time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

senamuna

Programmer
Nov 21, 2006
CA
Hi,

I use CR XI/ Windows XP. We do not have Crystal Enterprise.

I need to run a production statistics report at 7.00 AM every day. Is there a way to schedule the report to run at the pre-set time ?

I tried to use the built in scheduler in XP. But it only opens up the report. I need to refresh it to capture data. Exporting to a PDF is desirable. Are there any command line parameters that can be used.

Alternatively, how hard is it to write a program to do the job.

Thanks in advance.

SenaMuna

Visual CUT by Millet Software is your answer.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

You can also do it yourself with the Java or .NET SDKs if you have the DEVELOPER or ADVANCED licenses.

Thanks MJRBIM,

Is there any book I can use to practice developing this using .NET SDK ?

SenaMuna

Crystal Reports XI Official Guide" (Paperback) by Neil Fitzgerald has a section on reporting within the Microsoft Visual Studio.NET and J2EE development environments.

I don't know how good it is, but it's the most recent book.

You can also download some sample apps from the DIAMOND developers forums that BOBJ runs -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back