Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rundll32.exe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smash81

Programmer
Mar 12, 2001
KE
Hello,
Recently, i had a worm on my computer.I managed to remove it but after having removed it i came to realize that i could not do certain things on the comp as there was a message that said that the rundll32.exe file or one of its components was missing.Could anyone tell me how i could overcome this problem.I tried running windows setup but that did not solve my problem.Any help please?

Cheers

joaoTL thx!!!, but the rundll32.exe is there when i do a search on the start up the file is found, but unusable,also i've done a search for the run32.exe and its not there so should i still try to restore the file. MANY THX IN ADVANCE FOR UR HELP

when I start the computer and get to windows it says" rundll32 will shut down" What do I do?

dcruze, and possibly others-

It is possible that you have had the NewDotNet plugin installed on your machine, particularly if you've installed BearShare, Kazaa, or other programs that include it. If this is removed by any means other than the long and shamefully irritating method described by the manufacturer it can cause all sorts of problems, both with rundll32 and DNS. surf over to to get removal instructions, and please, if it DOES fix the problem be sure to vent at the folks at that site. NewDotNet has been a thorn in my side for MONTHS.

Hi tt.exe, this problem can occur if *drivers=mmsystem.dll* line is missing from the *boot* section of system.ini.

1. Edit the System.ini

2. Add the following line to the *boot* section of the file
drivers=mmsystem.dll

Restart your computer
Best Regards

---
JoaoTL
mail@jtl.co.pt
My MS Access Site:

Every time I start my computer i get the error message that Rundll32caused error in NEWDOTNET3_21.DLL

I don't have that worm, i checked, i also downloaded the sircam fix but it didnt change anything. I also tried replacing the Rundll and Rundll32 files in windows from another computer but it didn't make a difference. I have Windows ME and do not have a disc for it. This problem slows down my computer and I can't open games or winamp and IE takes too long to open. Please Help!

It is a Virus *Newdotnet*

If i am remember run this line of code at Command Prompt

rundll32 c:\windows\newdotnet3_21.dll,NewDotNetUninstall

Restart and delete *newdotnet3_21.dll* in C:\WINDOWS

If you get some error try Shearch for "Newdotnet" in or something.

Best Regards

---
JoaoTL
mail@jtl.co.pt
My MS Access Site:

Like a few of these other msgs 3 of our pc's have been infected with the sircam worm & the rundll32.exe file is infected. I have deleted the run32.exe file so hence cannot delete the rundll32.exe file and rename the run32.exe. So if i am to copy the rundll32.exe file from a pc with win95 on to the infected pc where exactly to i save it to on the infected pc and do i delete the infected file first.

Need help
thanks

Go -- - --
"Start"
"Find"
"Files and Folders"
Type in "run32.xxx"(xxx is whatever extension your looking for)
Write down the path in the results window, this is where your going to go to delete the bad one on the old machine and where your going to put the good file at from the new machine.
In the results window "Right click" on the file and select "Send to floppy" this will copy the file to floppy
Now go to the infected computer and copy the file from floppy to the "Path" you wrote down earlier then delete the bad file which is in the same directory.

That should take care of ya! Piece of pie-Easy as Cake:)

wen i try to access files on my control panel .. message comes up .. cannot find the file c\windows\rundll32.exe or one of its components

im pretty new to this. i need help

HELP!!! me,
Go to the start of this thread and read all posts. You will have all the information you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back