Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RUNDLL ERROR ON BOOT UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 1999
CA
Hi everyone,
I just installed a new harddrive and re-installed win98 version 4.10.1998, everything was working great until i installed windows service pack and all of my icons were screwed up. So i installed tweakui and repaired the icons, but during the install of tweakui, i got an error message which now appears everytime i reboot. the error message is as follows;

RUNDLL ERROR
ERROR IN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHELLEXT\TARGET.DLL MISSING ENTRY:CDPLAYNOTIFY

Thought maybe it had something to do with autoinsert notification on the cd rom, so i turned it off and it didn't make a difference, turned it back on and still got the error. Any ideas?
Thanks

Found the problem, I didn't realize that tweakui had placed a link in my startup folder called autoplay extender. I'm not sure what this application does but the link was not working, i deleted it and the error message stopped. Dooh! I should have checked the obvious first. I checked the registry but not the startup folder. Live and learn.

Cheers

computerguy,

Just a note...
It seems you downloaded the entire PowerToys package rather than just TweakUI.

IMHO, all these are useless except for the SendToX Powertoy (the sendto anyfolder option anyway). I'd uninstall, then download TweakUI (v1.33) here:

Then remove the powertoys and use this link for the SendToX Powertoy:

reghakr

Yes i did install the powertoys and your right, the only thing i wanted was "tweakui" and the "send to any folder". Thanks for the links, i will definitely remove the powertoys and install just the components i want.
Thanks Reghakr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back