Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RunCommand equivalent for Convert To 97 Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCulshaw

Programmer
Oct 13, 2000
GB
Hi

Can anyone tell me what the Access 2002 RunCommand is for the "Convert Database To 97 Format" and "Convert Database To 2000 Format" Cheers,
Steve C.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading somewhere that you cannot create older versions of Access from AccessXP. But when I did a search on convert in the object browser, it shows the following:

docmd.RunCommand acCmdConvertDatabase

Good Luck!

Thanks for the response

Not sure if the acCmdConvertDatabase is the right one, but I can't get it to run from VBA code, get a 2046 error

Access 2002 can certainly save back to older formats, under the Tools / Database Utilities / Convert Database, there is a submenu To 97 Format / To 2000 Format / To 2002 Format. Of course, new functionality is lost going to older versions, but for what I want, no problem.

One site I found that has a lot of detail of RunCommand is
I'm trying to automate the building of 97/2000/2002 versions of 30+ databases, so this option is needed, but (fingers crossed) I think I may have a way. If doing it manually, I've always opened a database, then saved to the format. I noticed that if I open Access, then select the Convert option, Access first asks from the database to convert FROM, then for the database to convert TO Cheers,
Steve C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back