Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

run

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxStudent

Technical User
Feb 24, 2000
GB
How would I go about making a VFP exe run on opening a folder on the hard-drive. Thank u!!

I do not believe your question has anything to do with VFP specifically. It has to do with the WINDOWS operating system. You are trying to get an executable program to run simply by accessing the folder in which it resides.

Have you ever seen this implemented anywhere ?

I haven't and do not believe it can be done.

I could be wrong.

Don
dond@csrinc.com

Well, with the active content that can be put into folders, I'm sure there is some way to do it. Each folder on the hard drive can be viewed as a web page, and a web page can execute an external program. I'm sure it's possible, just would take some research.

I think Don is right. What the above points bring to me is that the page should fire the exe from foxstudent. This must be done by the browser, not VFP. Actually, the exe could be written in any language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back