Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run VBS script from Webpage to copy icon to all users

Status
Not open for further replies.

kansaspcdoc

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2004
US
I have a script that will create a link to a url and would like it to copy this shortcut to the all users desktop. But the user that will execute this script from the intranet site does not have permissions to access all users. Can I use RunAs in the front end of the script to allow the script access?
Thanks in advance for any help offered

You would probably be better off setting the script as a login script in GPO so it can use the elevated priviledges.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

On this webpage there are several different scripts that are used for various things on different days. We don't use GPO at this level and are not allowed to make any changes. I need to find a way to run this scripts without any changes to the current way the network is structerd. Right now all the user has to do is mark the box run from this location and they can run multiple scripts depending on what they want or need. I just want the script to run without the prompt, they click it runs.

You should then look at converting your web page to an HTA file instead of running it from the server. An HTA would execute locally.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

HTA give me the same prompts as HTM the only difference is that HTA opens in an explorer like window.

Why don't you post your code so we can see what you are trying to accomplish.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back