Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run time error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickchapman

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2001
US
Hi. I've used Dreamweaver to create a directory of resources for people involved in software publishing. The site is One some pages you receive Error: Object Expected. The error ostensibly occurs on line 143 of the page. I've checked the templates and the error does occur in them so they're the source of the problem. To see the problem in action, simply go into any of the directory pages. If you click "no" to the debugging prompt the page appears to load normally, but, of course, having this type of issue show up on the site is very annoying.

All of the pages on the site were created using DW and no hand coding has taken place.

I've attempted to use the DW debugger to step through the page but haven't had much luck with it to date.

Any insite into the problem much appreciated!

I did not get any error.
I went into: "e-comerce resources" and "bundling" and "downloads" and nothing happ., maybe its your computer. Try restarting the PC and see what happens.
On a side note, you have alot of white spaces on the site, and you have scroll bars all over. Might wanna make the tables as 100% so it fits inside the browser window. I use the 800*600 resolution and it does not look good...and the bottom half of the page (right aftre the TOP and HOME button-link) is nothing but empty space...
You seem to have like a few tables on the bottom that have no content it, try getting rid of it...for the <td> tags you should never asign a height and width value, let the browser do it automaticaly, one of your <td> tags has this: <td height=&quot;3995&quot;></td>, that is what is causing the huge white gaps...
I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Thanks for the note on the white spaces and your response, much appreciated. Other people do see that message though, and it is driving me crazy.

rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back