Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run time error while using GeobjectContext.createInstance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranadhir

Programmer
Nov 4, 2003
IN
Hi
I am devloping com component for mts for acid transactions with oracle data base
Consider a simple activex.dll
component where i am defining 2 classes with single functions add on first and suptract on second
all the transactions properties set to required and instancing property to multiuse,
i want to create the instanse of first class in the second class and call add funtion and subtract some value.
in the same transaction.
where i try to use getobjectcontext.createinstance("prj.class1")
when i deploy this component on mts and try to access second class it give me run time error
error 5. Invalid procedure call.
Why it is happing can any body tell me
i am using Nt server 4.0 with sp 6.0
and vb 6.0,and option pack 4.0

The object which you are trying to include in a transaction should be called with "getobjectcontext.createinstance("prj.class1").

Have a root class which would call these two functions to perform(which are in two different classes).

Make a call from root to both these classes and call the setcomplete/setabort method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back