Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run-Time Error 3265 SQL statement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkie001

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2003
GB
Can anyone tell me why I am getting Run Time error 3265 Item does not exist in this collection with the below sql.

Seems to be the last line (in red) that the error falls on, any help would be greatly appreciated

Clarkie

db.QueryDefs("Report_Builder").SQL = "SELECT tblReports.tbl_ID, tblReports.Report, tblReports.Description," & _
" tblDeveloper.Name, tblDeveloper.Contact_No, tblDeveloper.Email, tblOwner.Name, tblOwner.Contact_No," & _
" tblOwner.Email FROM tblOwner INNER JOIN (tblDeveloper INNER JOIN tblReports ON tblDeveloper.tbl_ID" & _
"= tblReports.Developer) ON tblOwner.tbl_ID = tblReports.Owner WHERE (((tblReports.tbl_ID)=" & strID & "))"

Yeah, tbl_ID is a numeric field. I have tested this sql in a query window and it runs fine, but when I try and execute the change through VB it gives this error???

Nightmare

Is Report_Builder an existing query ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

PHV,

No, that was the issue, noticed it about 10mins after posting...should have been qryReport_Builder.

Thanks for you help.

Clarkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back