Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run-time error 3265 on installing application

Status
Not open for further replies.

karuri73088

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
KE
I have a program that has an activex dll for data access I have made the program into an .exe which works without any problems. I have also packaged and deployed it without any problems but when I try intalling the application it gives me this message:

Run-time error '3265': ADO could not find the object in the collection corresponding to the name or ordinal reference requested by the application.

Any ideas?

Hmmm, what packaging tool did you use. I would suggest (if u didn't use it already) using Microsoft Visual Studio Installer instead of the packaging and deployment wizard from the you can customize the setup to make sure all files are available to you.

Delton.

I am using a P and D Wizard to distribute my software to different machine and the setup process encountered an errors:

These are the errors during the setup installation:

“An error occurred while registering the file C:\winnt\system32\ imgedit.ocx”
“An error occurred while registering the file C:\winnt\system32\ imgscan.ocx”
“An error occurred while registering the file C:\winnt\system32\masdo25.tlb”

I encountered this problem during the setup installation to different machine, I am using Windows 2000 as my operating system. How can I solve this problem?. Why is it the Visual Basic setup will not able to register some components needed by the software that was created to this programming language? I need the best solution for this problem…anyone who answer my problem? Pls. I need very much for the solution of this Visual Basic 6.0 bugs… thank you..

I am using DAO 3.5 and the Data Environment Connection to my Database,When I print a report using Data Report no one would show.

Shonen..

I am using a P and D Wizard to distribute my software to different machine and the setup process encountered an errors:

These are the errors during the setup installation:

“An error occurred while registering the file C:\winnt\system32\ imgedit.ocx”
“An error occurred while registering the file C:\winnt\system32\ imgscan.ocx”
“An error occurred while registering the file C:\winnt\system32\masdo25.tlb”

I encountered this problem during the setup installation to different machine, I am using Windows 2000 as my operating system. How can I solve this problem?. Why is it the Visual Basic setup will not able to register some components needed by the software that was created to this programming language? I need the best solution for this problem…anyone who answer my problem? Pls. I need very much for the solution of this Visual Basic 6.0 bugs… thank you..

I am using DAO 3.5 and the Data Environment Connection to my Database,When I print a report using Data Report no one would show.
My software will be install at 41 countrys... can you help me.. i appreciate anybody would help me. thakns..

Shonen..

Have you tried the Visual Studio Installer to package the software? Please try it, I guarantee you it will make a difference.

Try it and then write back.

Deltoin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back